Thursday, January 6, 2011

Friends and the Hand of God




Yesterday was a difficult day. Work devolved into a negative situation, I was involved in a minor accident in the parking lot at the end of the day (not my fault and fortunately no person or vehicle was damaged), and by the time I got home I was beginning to feel distinctly unwell.

While I was at work a casual friend stopped by my house and delivered a late Christmas present. She brought me a holiday bag filled with goodies: chocolates and cookies, a card and some homemade Russian tea. This gift was a totally unexpected one that came many days after Christmas, but was right on time for me. It was like a bit of sunshine breaking through a cloudy day, illuminating something hopeful and kind.

Sometimes that's all it takes. A little slice of kindness from a friend is like the hand of God reaching down and taking your hand.

I am indeed ill, though feeling a bit better today, and who knows what Monday will bring when I go to work, but that's okay. May God bless my friend as much as she blessed me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright ©
Wall Street, Journaled